MATTERS test page
SUC STYLE test page
OLD DISCUSSION BELOW
As it is a beginning of a Wiki, maybe we should brainstorm some ideas here and see what comes up. At some time we should make some definitions about what kind of content is fit to be put on this wiki. Below are some points we should talk about.
- What to have on the initial page;
- Guidelines for content: what is accepted and wanted here and what is not;
- Index of content. Some kind of broad generic map for people to file their contributions under and to help the browsing.
- I think the current initial page is good. Maybe in time it can be longer.
- I think having specific suggestions, especially for products is helpful, e.g. specifically which cell phone plan to go with. The danger is in getting run over with advertising.
- I have no idea.
Why don't we break it into categories: expenses, philosophy, investing, etc?
Removed "House building" but left the page intact. jp
--M741 18:48, 10 October 2011 (MDT)
Breaking into categories is quite difficult. I spent a long time doing it for the book. However, as far as I understand it's possible to create [m]any map[s] of the site, so maybe it's time to write an introduction that includes internal links to those categoies?
Shoes521 is a spammer. Could we delete him first please.
Surio 06:15, 14 October 2011 (MDT)
I blocked him. Is there any way to appoint moderators or the likes with the rights to block users?
Shoes521 was a spam bot. The only way to block them is to present a challenge (captcha or question) on the registration page.
--Don Emanuel 14:36, 14 October 2011 (MDT)
--Don Emanuel 14:47, 14 October 2011 (MDT)
--M741 18:18, 14 October 2011 (MDT)
ORIGINAL COPY OF CONTENT SECTION IF YOU DECIDE TO GO BACK TO THAT STYLE
If you have something useful and focused on ERE to write, link it in this section. We still do not have an index or order, so just put one link on each line. Below we have some examples that you can click and edit.
Note: List has been Sorted alphabetically
- Blog Index
- Calculate Your Time to Retirement
- Computers and electronics
- Countries - Country-specific information
- ERE City
- How much money do I need to retire
- Internet cost
- Long list of things to do when you retire
- Phone plans
- Recommended books
- Similar Philosophies/Movements
- Things to do while interest compounds
I added "driving principles" with the idea that when the article/summary becomes it's own wiki page, that could be removed and driving principles would remain.